nanog mailing list archives

Re: Legislation and its effects in our world

From: Ernie Rubi <ernesto () cs fiu edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 12:24:14 -0500

ha, funny you should say that; do a quick search for "plain language of the statute" and let me know how many dissenting views in court opinions you find.

Big fallacy to say that even though it's 'plain English' it means *one* thing...

This is a big tangled web of statutory and common law; plain English will get you as far as a nickel in a dime store...