nanog mailing list archives

RE: IPv6 allocations, deaggregation, etc.

From: "George Bonser" <gbonser () seven com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 19:07:46 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: eric clark

I'm not an expert, but can/should you advertise ARIN IP space on APNIC
or RIPE, etc ?  You are talking about having recieved ip space from
ARIN, tied to an ARIN AS.... I suppose it's probably more a matter of
form than anything else though.....

That is what prompted me to say that I could probably justify a /48 in
each region out of that region's registry.  We have legitimate business
operations in those regions so having an AS and IP block for those
regions should not only be justifiable but also would tend to make
things "cleaner".