nanog mailing list archives

Re: Is there anyone from ASPEWS on this list?

From: Seth Mattinen <sethm () rollernet us>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 18:48:35 -0800

William Pitcock wrote:
On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 23:39 +0000, John Levine wrote:
ASPEWS is listing 216.83.32.0/20 as being associated with the whole
Atrivo incident of 2008.  My memory does not recall 216.83.32.0/20 being
involved, nor the provider that belongs to.
Since nobody but the occasional highly vocal GWL uses ASPEWS, it's
hard to see why one would care, but if you want to find ASPEWS, crank
up your favorite usenet program, post a question to nanae, and watch
the vitriol roll in.  There might be a comment from ASPEWS in there.

Well, I just want to reach SORBS to clear up some confusion regarding
what ranges of mine are dynamic (e.g. none of them, but they seem to
think otherwise).  Unfortunately, e-mail to SORBS bounces due to
ethr.net being listed in ASPEWS as being "part of Atrivo".

You should still be able to submit a ticket to SORBS, no? I was always under the impression that it was "open a ticket and wait or you are moved to the back of the line" with SORBS.

~Seth