nanog mailing list archives

Re: IM based BGP route-server interface

From: mkarir <mkarir () merit edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:26:22 -0400

All,

Thanks to all who responded and provided useful feedback.  We had an
overwhelmingly positive response.  We have incorporated a bunch of
comments into the new version of the bot that is currently live.
Some of the most visible changes are:
- added minimal support for ping and traceroute from the bot interface
  - added a new aslookup command to provide a quick conversion of
    AS numbers to names and names to as numbers
  - added a show ip bgp view command to list possible views that can
     be queried
  - added support for cisco shortcuts
  - IPv6 bgp views should be available soon as well.
  - the jabber version of the bot was moved to a new server.

The new versions of the bots are currently live at:
AIM: bgpbotz
Jabber: bgpbotz () jabber research merit edu

We would be happy to add more BGP views to the bot if anyone is willing to provide us with a BGP feed. So far we have only received 1 BGP feed offer.
The new version of the bot code has been updated on the website as well
if folks want to give that a shot.
http://software.merit.edu/bgpbotz

Comments and feedback are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks.
Eric Wustrow and Manish Karir
(Merit Network Inc.)