nanog mailing list archives

Re: Vandalism Likely In Big South Bay Phone Outage

From: Martin Hannigan <martin () theicelandguy com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 12:01:13 -0400

The reward is effective and the one of the best uses of their funds in
responding to this event. More outside plant spending is not effective
when you are dealing with motivated individuals.

I'd like to reemphasize that you can't spend enough on outside or
inside plant to stop this type of thing. It is much more cost
effective to stalk the executors with rewards and prosecution as a
detterent.

Best,

Martin