nanog mailing list archives

RE: Seattle Peering

From: Chris Caputo <ccaputo () alt net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 23:41:55 +0000 (UTC)

If you are in S&D/PAIX's facility, you have two options for connecting to
the SIX:

 - direct to the SIX core via the fiber-meet-me-room, thus no VLAN.  You
   won't get access to the PAIX-SEA fabric with this method, but if what
   you really want is the SIX, this is the way to go.

 - direct to the PAIX-SEA switch, in which case you'll need to instruct
   S&D to enable your port to also have access to the SIX fabric.  Your
   router will have two VLAN interfaces on the port, one for PAIX-SEA and
   one for the SIX.

Feel free to direct further questions to info () seattleix net if you like.

Chris