nanog mailing list archives

Re: 143.228.0.0/16 and house.gov

From: "Brandon Galbraith" <brandon.galbraith () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 16:20:01 -0500

On 10/2/08, Jean-François Mezei <jfmezei () vaxination ca> wrote:

<snip>

Question:

Is it possible to setup an akamai feed in hours once you know your
website is to be swamped ?

Obviously, the system managers there might not have been warned in
advance that the politicians would place a huge load on their servers.
But once they realised it, is it conceivable that they quickly setup an
akamai feed ?  Or is that something which takes weeks to setup ?

I'm not sure about Akamai, but I believe Amazon is about to roll out CDN
services as well (and I would assume they're as flexible as their other
"cloud" offerings). As always, hindsight is 20/20.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/html-forms-controller/aws-content-delivery-service

-brandon