nanog mailing list archives

Re: philadelphia public internet exchange?

From: Joe Provo <nanog-post () rsuc gweep net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:14:49 -0400

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 11:00:15AM -0700, Christopher Rogers wrote:
What's the situation with the philadelphia internet exchange?  Their
website, www.phlix.net does not resolve.  Google is sparse.  Anyone have
any information regarding that IX?  Is it gone?  If it's gone, what are
some viable alternatives for public peering in the philadelphia area?

Historically, there hasn't been much traction beyond regional peering
in Philadelphia.  Last I knew, 401 North Broad was the only building
with a useful confluence of carriers.  According to peeringdb.com, S&D
still has a colo & switch there, as does 'cross connect solutions'.
The S&D site confirms the population
(http://www.switchanddata.com/sitelocations.asp?LocationId=27) and that
the more enterprise-colo on Market street is still running as well.
For your I2/edu connbectivity, MAGPI has the bulk of their connectivity
in 401 North Board.

Cheers!

Joe
--
             RSUC / GweepNet / Spunk / FnB / Usenix / SAGE