nanog mailing list archives

Re: OSPF with Multiple ABR & ASBR

From: isabel dias <isabeldias1 () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 08:06:30 -0800 (PST)

Patel,

I would suggest you to read a few things about the path selection algoritm....as if i understand your words you are
asking for an issue on LSA type 4 rather than multiple AS and therefore LSA type 5 /7-ASBR

prefer backbone intra-area paths over inter-area paths....

Excerpted from RFC 16.4.1...- When multiple intra-AS paths are available to
ASBRs/forwarding addresses some rules using different costs apply when the same ASBR is reachable through multiple
areas, or when trying to decide which of several AS-external-LSAs should be preferred. In the former case the paths all
terminate at the same ASBR, while in the latter the paths terminate at separate ASBRs/forwarding addresses.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a0080124c7d.shtml

.//ID