nanog mailing list archives

Re: Same AS number from different location and Migration of IP addresses

From: "devang patel" <devangnp () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 23:29:49 -0500

Hi,

Yes I do have link between two sites so I will configure routing accordingly
so communication between two sites will follow that link...

regards
Devang Patel

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 10:25 PM, Jay Hennigan <jay () west net> wrote:

devang patel wrote:

 So if I will have the globally unique IP addresses for both the site which
are located at different location then its perfectly fine to use the same
as
number in for same organisation having two different site located at
different location...right!!!

Right.

But as others have stated you will have to do some configuration in order
for the two locations to communicate *with each other*.

There are a a few different ways to accomplish this as has been discussed
previously.

--
Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay () impulse net