nanog mailing list archives

Re: Hardware capture platforms

From: "Christian Koch" <christian () broknrobot com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 20:11:22 -0400

solera makes some nice boxes also

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 7:35 PM, Jared Mauch <jared () puck nether net> wrote:

Check out packet forensics depending on what your ultimate requirements
are.

Jared Mauch

On Jul 29, 2008, at 7:10 PM, "John A. Kilpatrick" <john () hypergeek net>
wrote:

We've deployed a bunch taps in our network and now we need a platform on
which to capture the data.  Our bandwidth is currently pretty low but I've
got 8 links to tap, which means I need 16 ports.  Has anyone done any
research on doing accurate packet capture with commodity hardware?

--
                             John A. Kilpatrick
john () hypergeek net                Email|     http://www.hypergeek.net/