nanog mailing list archives

Re: Exploit for DNS Cache Poisoning - RELEASED

From: Graeme Fowler <graeme () graemef net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 23:32:32 +0100

On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 23:25 +0100, Graeme Fowler wrote:
I saw this earlier in the week, along with queries for a domain name
which happens to have been registered by Dan Kaminsky, so I emailed him
about it. The addresses in question at Georgia Tech appear to be in use
as part of Doxpara's scan for unpatched systems, which he confirmed.

And for extra points, can anyone with access to the raw un-logwatched
log entries tell us what's rather odd about the queries, given the
current furore over... well, that'd give the answer ;-)

Graeme