nanog mailing list archives

Re: SBCglobal routing loop.

From: "Aaron Glenn" <aaron.glenn () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 16:08:23 -0700

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 3:56 PM, Paul Wall <pauldotwall () gmail com> wrote:
I think that's precisely the problem, that the issue could not have
been handled "though other methods".

I think it should be clear to those posting here as a last ditch
effort that they should certainly outline the steps they've already
taken -- basically justifying their post to NANOG: "I tried X, waited
Y, got Z, and now I'm here"

I agree NANOG is not a replacement for NOCs, but what about when the
NOCs are utterly useless and the issue is global in scope?

that's definitely one of the reasons *I* think this mailing lists
exists. infact I bet if I wasn't lazy I could find something to that
effect in the charter or nanog.org site.

Given the parties involved, I'd like to think that Logan tried to go
through standard channels prior to posting.  Please realize this is no
slight against nLayer, but rather, "the new AT&T" and their concept of
customer service.

SBC/ATT/whatever peering ops was always my absolute favorite to work
with back when I actually worked in a NOC. hopefully that hasn't
changed much in the past year.

Paul