nanog mailing list archives

Re: Multiple DNS implementations vulnerable to cache poisoning

From: Chris Adams <cmadams () hiwaay net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 23:15:00 -0500

Once upon a time, Jean-François Mezei <jfmezei () vaxination ca> said:
The tool uses my internet facing IP as my DNS server and tells me I am
vulnerable. Since, from the internet, connecting to that IP at port 53
will not get you to a DNS server, I find the tool's conclusion rather
without much value.

There are many ways to get your server to look something up other than
allowing direct queries.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams () hiwaay net>