nanog mailing list archives

Re: [NANOG] DWDM

From: "Dale W. Carder" <dwcarder () wisc edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:04:44 -0500

On Apr 25, 2008, at 3:00 AM, Scott E. MacKenzie wrote:
Does anyone know where I can locate a list of DWDM networks
deployed for
Education, Science & Research, and Commercialization?

Here's a map showing some of the regional optical networks
run by the R&E community. There's a lot more unrepresented
here, especially in metro environments.

http://paintsquirrel.ucs.indiana.edu/RON/archive/fiber_map_current.pdf

Most of this stuff is then connected into NLR, Internet2.

We need to determine the practicality of DWDM use...

Highly practical, and the latest network planning tools seem
to be halfway decent from the 2 vendors we use.

Dale