nanog mailing list archives

Re: Apple Airport Extreme IPv6 problems?

From: "Martin Hannigan" <hannigan () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 15:14:43 -0400

On 9/15/07, Barrett Lyon <blyon () blyon com> wrote:

[ snip ]

We removed AAAA on our production hosts shortly after we deployed it,
our global v6 deployment goes production next week, at which time I
may re-add the AAAA to limited production.  If we do this, I publish
a report of the stats once I have more accurate figures.

How did you do the naming? Matching AAAA or unique?

I have no idea what to expect over time with behavior on matching AAAA
and A since I have no idea what to expect with v6 since we don't
really have any standard deployment plans or even de-facto standards
in place to move forward. Is there any de-facto or otherwise standard
around host schemes for dual stack?

-M<