nanog mailing list archives

Re: Hotmail/MSN postmaster contacts?

From: Dave Pooser <dave.nanog () alfordmedia com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:36:42 -0500

I have read the postmaster doco at MSN.  I have put SPFs for SenderID into
many of my news station domains but it doesn't seem to be affecting my success
at delivery over other domains which do not yet have any such configs.   What
am I missing to get un"blacklisted"?  I can't seem to find any human contact
info on there.

What I did in the past in a similar situation was sign up for an MSN
account, complain that my office couldn't email me, and keep escalating
until I reached somebody who understood the problem. Of course the
circumstances were somewhat different, and a spammer in a nearby netblock
had ignored them and they ended up blacklisting the whole /24 instead of
just the spammer's /27-- but it's still probably worth a try.
--
Dave Pooser, ACSA
Manager of Information Services