nanog mailing list archives

Re: Creating demand for IPv6

From: "Elmar K. Bins" <elmi () 4ever de>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 05:44:55 +0200

Re Joe,

jabley () ca afilias info (Joe Abley) wrote:

6to4 (for content- or access-focussed networks) is surely a solution
to the problem of "I have no good way to acquire IPv6 transit";

It solves another problem as well, like "I cannot go v6 to
my servers because my load balancing and packet filtering
black boxes don't do it yet".

I'm not sure how it solves that problem. 6to4 is not a translation
mechanism -- it's a tunnelling mechanism. 6to4 does not provide any
way for an IPv4-only host to talk to an IPv6-only host.

I was referring to a proxying service...see Michael's post for the details ;-)

Yours,
        Elmar.