nanog mailing list archives

Re: How many others are nullrouting BT?

From: Jo Rhett <jrhett () svcolo com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 09:06:58 -0700

On Fri, 11 May 2007, Jo Rhett wrote:
We're considering null-routing all BT netblocks. I'm wondering how many others have already come to the same conclusion?

alex () pilosoft com wrote:
To paraphrase bandy rush: "I encourage my competitors to do that".

Yeah, I know. This is exactly why no ISPs have abuse help desks that respond, and nobody can get even the most trivial problems solved.

We do better. We answer *EVERY* abuse complaint. Which isn't much, because we do the job correctly. And we care about the reliability/usability of the 'Net as a whole.

So when the 'Net becomes partitioned by economics and politics, re-read this letter and know that "I told you so". Know that being a smart-ass wasn't worth the effort. It's already going there, and everyone whines but very few of us are doing the job in a manner appropriate to actually solving problems.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek