nanog mailing list archives

Re: Broadband routers and botnets - being proactive

From: Albert Meyer <from_nanog () corenap com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 20:29:42 -0500

Gadi,

I and numerous others (including some whom any reasonable NANOG-L poster would respect and listen to) have asked you repeatedly to stop trolling NANOG-L with this botnet crap. It is off-topic here. The last time you pulled this (starting a 4-day troll-fest about a nonexistent "INNURNET EMERGENCY") I asked you to stop it, and not one of the legions of supporters you talk about spoke up to say "Wait, I want to see botnet crap on NANOG-L." Even if all 6 of your botnet-loving supporters spoke up, it would not change the fact that your botnet posts are off topic, unwanted, and disruptive. It's time for you to stop it. Please.