nanog mailing list archives

redirect (Re: On-going Internet Emergency and Domain Names )

From: Paul Vixie <paul () vix com>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 21:11:40 +0000

since malware isn't breaking dns, and since dns not a vector per se,
the idea of changing dns in any way to try to control malware
strikes me as a way to get dns to be broken in more places more
often.

Well, once more people learn about DLV (especially the NS override
extension that has been requested by zone operators), more and more
questions will pop up why we can't do this for NS records they don't
like for some reason.  The genie is out of the bottle, I'm afraid.

i'm going to fwd this to dns-operations () lists oarci net and answer it there,
since this is now far afield of "can i type that into an IOS prompt?".