nanog mailing list archives

Re: NOC Personel Question (Possibly OT)

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 23:29:42 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Jeff Kell wrote:

Jay Hennigan wrote:

This is as best I recall a direct quote.  "We don't care.  You can
call yourself Supreme Imperial Grand Poo-Bah if you want as long as
our network stays up."

Nah, the proper term is "Network Czar" until you get into network
security, then you become the "Network Nazi" or the "Firewall Fascist".

For techs, I've heard "cable stretcher", but you don't breathe a word of
it until the fiber splice is verified...

Some of our NOC engineers in my previous position got pretty upset
at how funny I found the term "reboot monkey" when I first discovered it
(a friend visited from the states).

One of the girls knocked me out pretty good. :)

        Gadi.