nanog mailing list archives

Re: [cacti-announce] Cacti 0.8.6j Released (fwd)

From: "Travis H." <travis+ml-nanog () subspacefield org>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 21:15:36 -0600

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 02:12:01PM -0400, Ray Burkholder wrote:
I've done some work with Cricket and have figured out a way to get at it's
schema.  I've been looking at mating Cricket' s 'getter and schema with
Drraw and genDevConfig tools and putting a Mason based HTML wrapper around
the whole thing so people can pick and choose the components of charts they
want to see (per chart), (per page).  And by filling in simple web forms, it
would be easy to generate command lines for genDevConfig to go out and
create the customized SNMP queries that are needed for Dial-Peers, Cisco's
Quality of Service, etc.

This seems to be a better solution than CGIs and web forms, both from
a "graphic designer" point of view as well as KISS point of view.
Unfortunately it's not currently compatible with HTTP/S and HTML, but
any major improvement that was also simpler would have to be.

--
``Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.''
-- Albert Einstein -><- <URL:http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/>