nanog mailing list archives

Re: The Root of The Problem [Was: Re: botnets: web servers, end-systems an d Vint Cerf]

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 23:46:35 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, Fergie wrote:

Well, I'm going to add my $.02 here, too, and I don't care who
likes it or not. :-)

I know Vint, and I've known Vint for a long time.

He's a smart guy. And he's right.

Why is he right?

Because he got in front of the folks who actually _can_ manage
this problem, and that is the people (actually the NGOs) who
have the monetary and fiduciary duty to begin looking at problems
at the financial loss level.

If you think that these problems are going to solely resolved on
a technical basis, you're delusional.

Rock on, Vint.

I actually agree 100%, I made no run on Vint Cerf or on Google. I
believe I even said the same things as you. Only I also asked some
questions "while we are on the subject of".

Sorry for that misunderstanding. I should have stated that one better.

        Gadi.

- - ferg