nanog mailing list archives

RE: decline of customer service

From: "Brian Johnson" <bjohnson () drtel com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 16:35:17 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanog () merit edu [mailto:owner-nanog () merit edu] On
Behalf Of Philip Lavine
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2006 11:50 PM
To: nanog
Subject: decline of customer service

Times have changed,

My experience has been recently that ISP's and ASP's have
dramatically malnourished their first level support staff
which in turn has created a resentful and lazy second teir. I
am sick of the "It must be your network/cabling/CPE" attitude
that I am getting from some teir 1 ISP's. I sick of replacing
CSU's and checking extended demarcs while some clown in the
POP is re-seating cards in the mux.

Moreover stop accusing my network of latency issues. I ran
the packet capture 100 times and the client is still send a
FIN. The reason your application is slow is because your
programmers think sockets are something you plug a can opener into.

Finally, YOU are my vendor. I pay you money for exceptional service.

Thank you for your time.

Uh.... OK.

Where did this come from? Did Philip have a seisure? ARE YOU OK PHILIP?

:-P

Brian