nanog mailing list archives

Re: 200K prefixes - Weekly Routing Table Report

From: Philip Smith <pfs () cisco com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 05:04:18 +1000

Patrick W. Gilmore said the following on 14/10/06 04:16:

On Oct 13, 2006, at 2:02 PM, Routing Analysis Role Account wrote:

BGP routing table entries examined:                              200339
    Prefixes after maximum aggregation:                          108814

Shall we all have a moment of silence for 200K prefixes in the global
table.

My view actually hit 200k on Wednesday morning, then dipped back under
by a few hundred on Thursday.

I was kinda hoping that it would hit 200K on Tuesday, then I could have
added the announcement to my aggregation recommendations lightning talk!
;-) Bit sad that a 200K table can be aggregated down to 109k prefixes
with no loss of path information (in my BGP table view).

Maybe reboot all our routers at once or something?

Who wants to go first...? Then again, maybe better not...

philip