nanog mailing list archives

Re: Troubles with HE's Tunnelbroker

From: Mehmet Akcin <mehmet () nic pr>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 17:06:09 -0400 (AST)

Thank you for heads up Mike, I appreciate this service a lot. We have
been even giving people ipv6 workshops in Puerto Rico by using your
tool. So Thank you! :)

Mehmet Akcin - mehmet () nic pr
Registry of ccTLD .PR
Phone 787-764-0000 x 5922
Fax 787-754-0757

On May 17, 2006 04:20 PM, Mike Leber <mleber () he net> wrote:

Should be fixed now.  The tunnelbroker service uses a bunch of retired
7206 routers. One of the routers ate its config. Because of the number
of tunnels it uses compressed configurations, which can get corrupted
if a
router runs out of memory (from leaks and memory fragmentation).

Tunnel broker issues should be directed to support () he net. Though it
is a
free service with "beta" level support, we are a 24 x 7 operation so
last
night an engineer was busy recovering the specific router from a back
up.

Mike.