nanog mailing list archives

Re: a fun hijack: 1/8, 2/8, 3/8, 4/8, 5/8, 7/8, 8/8, 12/8 briefly announced by AS 23520 (today)

From: "Christopher L. Morrow" <christopher.morrow () verizonbusiness com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 06:43:57 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Gadi Evron wrote:
<snip>

I am happy folks like at RIPE and the IETF are looking at solutions, but
sBGP isn't a new idea, and well, how LONG have we been waiting for DNS-SEC
now?

which are completely orthogonal... and have seperate (very seperate)
use cases, users, deployment issues... Oh, and alteast one isn't event
partly baked yet in any code that would run on a production device.

I'm not clear on your point?

There needs to be a strong distinction between what works operationally
for individual networks and for the whole Internet.

could we start with 'what works' first?