nanog mailing list archives

Re: final agenda for August 10th DA Workshop

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 02:52:08 -0500 (CDT)

On 22 Jul 2006, Paul Vixie wrote:

The agenda is quite tight.

Perhaps *too* tight.  When I was at Usenix SRUTI '05 last year, the
single biggest problem with an otherwise good workshop was a lack of
cross-pollination time.

agreed.  (i was on the progcomm for that; thanks for your kind words.)

Remember that the hallway track of a conference is where much of the
most interesting stuff happens:

http://www.google.com/search?q=conference+%22hallway+track%22

11:55 - 12:30     Lunch break     Got chow?

Indicative of the problem.

also agreed.  which is why there's this little ditty at the end:

      After-party:
      Dinner, hosted by the ISC.

this is "pizza and beer in the warehouse" but it'll allow cross-pollination.

At this point in time I would like to publicly thank Cisco for the space,
and Paul at the ISC for the after-party dinner.

--
Paul Vixie