nanog mailing list archives

RE: Wifi SIP WPA/PSK Support

From: "Casey Halverson" <casey.halverson () infospace com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 15:12:16 -0800

I have actually been following this as well, and I have tested several
of these handsets.  Others have been impossible to source.  Typically
startups will attempt to bring a wifi voip handset to the market,
realize there is no demand, and fold.

In the particular discussion of WPA:

Note that the two Senaos listed claim WPA support, but this is not
available in the current firmware.  There also hasn't been any updates
to it in a year or so -- don't expect it anytime soon.