nanog mailing list archives

Re: IP Addresses from a different region

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 11:08:42 -0500

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 15:11:18 GMT, Sam Stickland said:
I can't of course start naming our clients. I could harp on about how they
are a multinational, running legimate operations and blah blah blah.. But
you'd only have my word for it. So you'll just have to take my word for
the fact that we run an operational that comes down hard on nefrarious
activities. Sorry.

Well, Sam's organization, if it was black hat, *could* just have hijacked
the space and announced it anyhow.  The fact he asked on NANOG means either:

1) He's on the level.
2) He's a really stupid black hat.
3) He's a really clever black hat applying misdirection of some sort. ;)