nanog mailing list archives

RE: DNS - connection limit (without any extra hardware)

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 10:01:30 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Geo. wrote:
I know this is kind of a crazy idea but how about making cleaning up all
these infected machines the priority as a solution instead of defending your
dns from your infected clients. They not only affect you, they affect the
rest of us so why should we give you a solution to your problem when you
don't appear to care about causing problems for the rest of us?

George Roettger

Atually, reading your reply (which is the same as my own, pretty much), I
figure the guy asked a question and he has a real problem. Assuming he
doesn't want to clean them up is not nice of us.

Luke:
It is possible the DNS queries made are for non existent domains, fake
replies, perhaps even making them something in 1918 space, and they MAY
stop being not nice netizens.

        Gadi.