nanog mailing list archives

Re: ICG Experience

From: David Coulson <david () davidcoulson net>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 14:23:41 -0400

Elijah Savage wrote:
Hopefully this will be my last time querying the group for provider
experience. My previous experience with them was a while back when they
filed for bankruptcy and cut back on support, but a coworker just
informed me they have since been purchased by Level3. Is there anyone
here that has any cross connects or any type of connectivity to them and
wish to share their experience offline I would appreciate it.

We've got SONET with them out of Cleveland, handling a bunch of DS-3 and
T1 circuits. Most of our issues with ICG are due to cross-connect DS-3s
going down between COs somewhere, so I don't know if some of their
circuits are built on non-protected fiber. We dumped a few T1s last week
when they lost a DS-3 somewhere for about 2 hrs - Never had that problem
with other carriers we use.

David