nanog mailing list archives

RE: 12/8 problems?

From: "Israel, David B." <david.b.israel () xo com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 11:09:26 -0500

Richard A Steenbergen wrote on Friday, September 09, 2005 11:57 AM:
On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 11:44:05AM -0400, Drew Linsalata wrote:

Looks like 26210 is originating the prefixes and Telefonica is
happily
passing them along to the world, at least some portion of which is
glad
to go along for the ride.

Q. How does the Internet work?
A. Spit and glue.

$10 says someone forgot "ip classless".

I'll take that bet.  My $10 says they turned on auto-summary.

$20 says this devolves into a discussion about pgp key signed bgp
announcements or some other impractical soapbox within less than 10
emails. :)

Actually, my practical solution to this one is max-prefixing your peers.
It means you have to watch your peers slow growth, but frankly, you
should be watching that anyway.

Now if only they made "no ip clueless".

Or at least correctly set the "evil" bit on appropriate packets.