nanog mailing list archives

Re: FW: Need some help: IDEAS, Inc.

From: Todd Vierling <tv () duh org>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 12:58:21 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005, Marcus H. Sachs wrote:

Right now, there are two weak points to this particular house of cards.

1) The first site listed, "http://www.hurricanekatrinarelief.com"; is what
drives all of the others.  Each of the other sites, loads the first one in
an IFRAME.  That makes it easy for the bastards to update them all.  This
site is hosted by Interland.  Their final word on shutting these scumballs
down until they could prove they were legitimate was:

"We have been advised by our legal department that the local authorities
should be contacted. The local authorities can submit a subpoena to our
legal department.  We will be glad to comply to such a request."

ie. "We have no balls.  Go away".

Or "We are aiding and abetting".  But that may be a little too paranoid,
even for me.  :-P

2) All of the other sites are hosted at the IP address 206.251.184.10.

That's one of DirectNIC's domain redirectors.  Which makes sense, because:

All of the "slave" sites at 206.251.184.10 use DirectNIC for their DNS...