nanog mailing list archives

RE: [Misc][Rant] Internet router (straying slightly OT)

From: "Neil J. McRae" <neil () DOMINO ORG>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 22:42:12 +0100

I'd start with Sam Halabi's Internet Routing Architectures book.

In a similar note, I Do care about networks and the like but
fail to fully understand the extensive details of how it all
works.  I do not proclaim myself to be an engineer and try to
stick with what I do well.  I read rfc, wikipedia, etc but
just don't know what /to/ read.
I had never heard of iBGP, OSPF, IS-IS untill today.  What I
need, and I'm sure quite a few others who listen to this list
for insight, is a good reference to pick up and read that
will cover said topics and beyond.  I finally got the basic
concept to CIDRs and how they work thanks to this list and Google.

I know this message is slightly off topic from NANOG, but
kinda fits in response to parent and am hoping not to get flamed.

Any suggestions?

A Padawan,
Mark Owen