nanog mailing list archives

RE: Level 3's side of the story

From: "David Hubbard" <dhubbard () dino hostasaurus com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 19:26:18 -0400

From: William Allen Simpson

I don't remember seeing this public notice from Level(3) posted....
Wouldn't that be "without notice from Level(3)"?

They notified Cogent, not the public.  Cogent chose to
not do anything other than hope they won the staring
contest when Level 3 terminated the link, which
apparently they did.  Be interesting to see what
will happen in a month when they go at it again.

Splendid, that gives the world sufficient time to accept
Cogent's offer of 1 year free service.

This is not the first time Cogent has used their customers
as pawns in peering disputes, I don't know if I'd jump on
the bandwagon so quickly (spoken as a customer of both
companies).

David