nanog mailing list archives

Re: Outbound mail filtering on large mail / web server farms - just an idea or two that I have

From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <ops.lists () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:55:39 +0530

On 11/20/05, Michael Loftis <mloftis () wgops com> wrote:
quite often, which they already do to our normal mail systems even when
things are going well, again, because of forwards.  I'd imagine there's a
way I could get just the (AOL) forwarded mail pushed to a separate machine

The difference is of course that when you separate .forward traffic to
a separate IP you tell AOL its a forwarding server. And setup reverse
dns + hostname for that box that says something like
"dotforward.wgops.com" ...

Once you do that you should be reasonably good to go

with our current (older version) Postfix setup but I haven't actually
looked into it.  We use SQL based tables for everything in order to make
automation much simpler on our end.

Implementing these suggestions is much simpler once you do that

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists () gmail com)