nanog mailing list archives

Re: Internet attack called broad and long lasting

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 12:51:56 -0400

On Wed, 11 May 2005 16:59:56 +0400, Gadi Evron said:

Well, I suppose it's not really a great idea to wait until things get
wonky to establish good and operational relations with your uplink.

Fortunately for me, we've got such good operational relations with our
primary uplink that I don't even have to go outside to get to their NOC. ;)

The problem is that for most sites, "good operational relations with the uplink"
isn't 100% congruent to "uplink has their security act together".  As a result,
you get to have the "Hello, Uplink? You guys get hacked?" "Umm.. yeah" phone
call...