nanog mailing list archives

Re: OT: NOC Display's

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 09:52:07 -0400

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 14:43:55 BST, Michael.Dillon () btradianz com said:

If the applications driving the 4 VGA displays are all
using X-Windows, then try an X Window manager that supports
capturing a window and displaying it in miniature form
in a dashboard or button bar. It should be possible to
adapt this easily to display the 4 applications in
a 2 x 2 matrix.

Or recent Xorg servers support the Xinerama extension, which will
do a lot of the heavy lifting for you...

We now return to our regularly scheduled flamefest about RFCs 3675 and 2826.. ;)