nanog mailing list archives

Re: More long AS-sets announced

From: Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:54:55 +0100

Thank you.  You've provided a clean, concise counter to Lorenzo's
original claim that long AS sets won't trip on IOS bugs.

no problem.  you're quite welcome.

This may be a well-run, very small experiment, but it's experimenting
with a space that's rarely explored and therefore less likely to have
encountered the same level of operational testing that horrifying
garbage leaks have tested.  As such, I'm frustrated that the testers
consider requests to provide more advance notice to be so "obtuse".

could you please give me the command to configure ios to not crash
if given advance notice?

Why is this operational test supposed to be given freer reign on the
'net than our own operations?  Alternatively, why can't the test be
conducted in a lab, with interested operators providing router
configurations and xOS versions to give the test bed the most realistic
sample of the 'net, without using the production 'net?

the first announcement of this experiment was months ago.

randy