nanog mailing list archives

Re: London incidents

From: Jim Popovitch <jimpop () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 07:08:03 -0400

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 00:19 -0400, Steven J. Sobol wrote:
Indeed it does, but I have to question whether the cellphone decision
was well-thought-out. I really can't believe it was.

Are spontaneous "moments notice" decisions ever well-thought-out?  Take
this scenario away from terrorism and apply it to a presumed pending
DoS/Spam attacks of years past.  I know of a few m-f (Mon -> Fri, not
mother f...) businesses who would shut down corp email servers on the
weekend just to avoid problems.  Is that a half-baked solution, sure is.
Did it help, who knows?  What we know is those admins slept well that
weekend. :-)

-Jim P.  (die thread die!)