nanog mailing list archives

Re: panix.com hijacked

From: Henry Yen <henry () AegisInfoSys com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 01:32:46 -0500

On Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 10:50:49AM -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
Panix is highly screwed by this -- their users are all off the air,
and they can't really wait for an appeals process to complete in order
to get everything back together again.

from panix shell hosts motd:

. panix.net usable as panix.com (marcotte) Sat Jan 15 10:44:57 2005
.
.    Until we resolve the issue of the domain "panix.com", we have set up
.    the domain "panix.net" to include the same names and addresses as
.    "panix.com".
.
.    You may use this as a temporary solution for access to mail, webpages,
.    etc. Wherever you would use "panix.com", you can replace it with
.    "panix.net".

--
Henry Yen                                       Aegis Information Systems, Inc.
Senior Systems Programmer                       Hicksville, New York