nanog mailing list archives

Re: marking dynamic ranges, was fixing insecure email infrastructure

From: John Levine <johnl () iecc com>
Date: 13 Jan 2005 20:57:05 -0000

What is wrong with MTAMARK?

MTAMARK tags the reverse entries of IP addresses where SMTP servers
are.  Fixes this problem very fast, efficient and with little effort
(script magic to regenerate the reverse DNS entries).

In priciple, nothing.  In practice, the rDNS is a mess and I don't know
many people who think it's likely to get cleaned up enough that we can
expect to put in all the MTA MARK entries.

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 330 5711
johnl () iecc com, Mayor, http://johnlevine.com,