nanog mailing list archives

The Terrible Secret of MAAWG (was Re: Internet Email Services Association ( wasRE: Why do so few mail providers support Port 587?))

From: "J.D. Falk" <jdfalk () cybernothing org>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:47:31 -0800

On 02/25/05, Michael.Dillon () radianz com wrote:

You might want to check out http://www.maawg.org - at least stateside,

I'm uncomfortable with two aspects of this group.
First is it's anti-abuse stance. I would prefer to
see a group that was focussed on services, i.e.
providing the best email service possible to end-users.

        Services are the competitive differentiator between the various
        companies which do e-mail, so that's not likely to happen.

The second thing is the secrecy surrounding this
group.

        You (or anyone else) can attend the meeting in San Diego.  The
        price online for non-members was $100, but online registration
        is closed and I don't know what it'll cost on-site.  Here's the
        agenda, complete with topics and names of presenters and who
        they each work for:

        http://www.maawg.org/news/news/0503_GeneralMeeting

        The secret has been revealed!  Viva la revolucion!

--
J.D. Falk                                          uncertainty is only a virtue
<jdfalk () cybernothing org>                    when you don't know the answer yet