nanog mailing list archives

Re: Deploying IPv6 in a datacenter (Was: Awful quiet?)

From: bmanning () vacation karoshi com
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 16:15:41 +0000

On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 11:13:31AM -0500, Kevin Loch wrote:

Kevin Day wrote:

9) Once we started publishing AAAA records for a few sites, we started
getting complaints from some users that they couldn't reach the sites.

It is possible that a broken 6to4 relay somewhere was causing problems.
Running your own local 6to4 relay (rfc3068) will improve performance and
reduce the chances of going through a broken one.

        we have been running w/ AAAA records for production systems
        for the past six years w/o complaint and no 6to4 relay.

--bill

- Kevin