nanog mailing list archives

Re: Yahoo! -- A "Phisher-friendly" hosting domain?

From: "Fergie (Paul Ferguson)" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:21:25 GMT

That's good, however, I regret that the issue had to be
aired here because it didn't get attention it deserved
through "proper channels" and elsewhere...

- ferg

-- Florian Weimer <fw () deneb enyo de> wrote:

But it caught my eye that SOMEBODY at Yahoo! ought to be reviewing
domain names like "bankofthewestupdate.com"

Registrars should as well, but this is not the way the Internet works.
Sometimes, this is a good thing, sometimes, it's not.

It seems that the A RR has been pulled around 2005-08-30 21:00 UTC, so
this particular issue has already been resolved.

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net