nanog mailing list archives

Re: Yes, I realize it's April Fools Day, but... (was: Cisco to merge with Nabisco)

From: Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 07:13:04 -0800

hey joe,

If randy can tell me how to preemptively configure filter recognition
for 'chitchat', then I'll send him some cookies.  No points for
reactive, since that is the present mode.

if we could clearly define email classification algorithms, with
negligible alpha and beta error bounds for the tastes of five
nines of a population, then we would be in a place where enforcing
content restriction might be viable.

as it is, we can not classify spam better than about one 9.

so we're stuck with one person's art/humor being another's poison.

funny monkeys.

randy