nanog mailing list archives

Re: OT- need a new GSM provider

From: Joe Rhett <jrhett () meer net>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 19:48:00 -0700

vijay gill wrote:
Also note due to fraud mitigation, most phones only allow you to call
within the country you are in or back to the home country, all the while
charging you an exhorbitant price.

At 06:04 PM 09/02/04 -0700, Joe Rhett wrote:
Um, sorry but I've never seen this.  I used to world-roam on AT&T, and now
I do it with T-Mobile and never had any such drama.