nanog mailing list archives

Re: APNIC Privacy of customer assignment records - implementation update

From: Henry Linneweh <hrlinneweh () sbcglobal net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:21:52 -0700 (PDT)

This proposal would be harmful in tracking hack
attacks, ddos attacks and other forms of annoyance,
spyware tracking and things that are beyond the
capability for any agency to handle because of largese

Technical fiefdoms were one of the worries of the 90's
now we are here and that is becoming the direction,
patenting rfc's and the like are harming the very
fabric of the internet and detering the ability to
keep it running.....I am very disappointed

-Henry